NOT YOUR EVERYDAY EXECUTIVE COACH I bring together 25+ years of real-world management experience with advanced education and certifications. Building on leadership with Fortune 500 and other organizations, a history of motivating hundreds of employees, and experience managing P&Ls up to $500M, my reputation is established as a results-focused, sought-after management consultant and coach. I partner with physicians, engineers, attorneys and other high-achieving professionals—experts in their fields—to overcome obstacles and develop leader value with presence, influence, and impact.
GROWTH THROUGH OPERATIONAL GRIT I started at the ground level, as a barista at Starbucks in the company’s early years. He quickly climbed the corporate ladder to work directly with CEO Howard Schultz and other executives on high-profile projects. They created a business model for licensed-concept stores that expanded from 10 to 100 locations, ultimately becoming the template for all international Starbucks sites.
I went on to serve as CEO of the world-famous Pike Place Market in Seattle, where I revitalized operations to drive top-line growth, triple profit margins, and double the capital reserve in less than four years.
From there, I joined Providence Health & Services and served as master change facilitator, thought leader, coach, and advisor to the CEO, COO, CHRO, CMQO, CNO and CMO. I was hand-selected by the corporate President to integrate the top executive teams for Providence’s unprecedented merger with Swedish Health Services. By integrating solid experience with advanced qualifications,
I shifted my own executive career to executive and leadership coaching. To date, I have completed 2,000+ hours as an executive coach, and countless projects as a consultant and Masters level strategic facilitator for clients in a wide range of industries.
: Develop Change Strategy for $750 EMR Initiative
- SUPPORT CHANGE: Coaching with Chief Medical Officer; Strategy facilitation for top physician executives; $12B health system.
HEALTHCARE: Lead Cultural Assimilation
- SUCCESSFUL DEPLOYMENT: 18-month roll-roll with excellent adoption by more than 13,000 physicians.
HEALTHCARE: Improve Executive Team Collaboration and Alignment
- $2B MERGER: Lead cultural assimilation for 100 top physician and administrative executives in nonprofit, secular system into $10B faith-based system while keeping brands distinct and separate.
- 88% RETENTION: Most leaders stayed and added value, notably the smaller system's CEO, became the CEO of a now $18B system.
- COACH CEO: Supported CEO to develop more clarity of vision and purpose with team, coached executive team with emphasis on collaboration.
HEALTHCARE: Improve Executive Presence
- INCREASED ALIGNMENT: Team engagement improved radically.
- COACH RN EXECUTIVE: Worked to increase emotional intelligence, communication, and executive presence.
HEALTHCARE: Improve Team Leadership Performance
- PROMOTED: Became leader of demanding surgical services.
FORTUNE 10 TECHNOLOGY: Improve Executive Presence
- COACH VP: Leader in global health organization had grown from technician to senior executive, organization growth inhibited from sluggish performance on team.
- KEY MEASURE UP 28%: Successful outreach to organ donor organizations improved in 6 months.
NGO: Build Leadership Confidence
- COACH GM: worked with GM to increase emotional intelligence, political savvy, communication and presence.
- ENGAGEMENT UP 11%: Team engagement scores raised in 6 months.
FORTUNE 10 TECHNOLOGY: Improve Team Collaboration
- COACH CEO: helped clarify personal values and vision, improve emotional intelligence, team leadership skills and work/life balance.
- LEADERSHIP MATURITY UP +50%: Self-reported improvement on measures.
- TEAM COACHING: Worked with team and leader together and in 1:1 coaching.
- KPI UP 17%: Global response service improve in 3 months.
CREDENTIALS In addition to advanced training at Harvard University, the University of Washington, and other esteemed institutions, I hold an MA in Applied Behavioral Sciences from the Leadership Institute of Seattle. I am a certified as an Executive Coach, Master Facilitator, and Physician Development Coach, and Profesional Certified Coach (PCC) from the International Coach Federation (ICF). I am a member of the adjunct faculty at Seattle University educating students on leadership and strategy.